17th Continental Regiment
- Authorized on July 1, 1775 in the Connecticut State Troops as the 8th Connecticut Regiment.
- Organized on July 6, 1775 to consist of 10 companies from Hartford, New London and Windham Counties.
- Adopted on July 19, 1777 into the Continental Army and assigned to the Main
- Assigned on August 9, 1775 to Spencer's Brigade, an element of the Main Continental Army.
and redesignated on January 1, 1776 as the 17th Continental Regiment, to consist of
Brigade redesignated on August 12, 1776 as Parson's Brigade.
Brigade relieved on November 12, 1776 from assignment to the Main Continental Army and assigned to the Highland's
- Disbanded on December 31, 1776 at Peekskill, New York
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit