German Battalion

  • Authorized on May 25, 1776 in the Continental Army as the German Battalion.
  • Assigned on June 26, 1776 to the Middle Department.
  • Organized between July6 - September 25, 1776 at Philadelphia to consist of 5 companies from eastern Pennsylvania, 2 companies from Baltimore County, Maryland, and 2 companies from Fredrick County, Maryland.
  • Relieved on September 23, 1776 from the Middle Department and assigned to the main Continental Army.
  • Assigned on May 22, 1777 to the 2nd Maryland Brigade, an element of the main Continental Army.
  • Relieved on May 24, 1777 from the 2nd Maryland Brigade and assigned to the 1st Virginia Brigade, an element of the main Continental Army.
  • Relieved on July 22, 1778 from the 1st Virginia Brigade and assigned to the 2d Maryland Brigade, an element of the main Continental Army.
  • Relieved on November 24, 1778 from the 2nd Maryland Brigade and assigned to the Hand's Brigade, an element of the main Continental Army.
  • Relieved on October 8, 1779 from the Hand's .
  • Assigned on September 16, 1780 to the New Jersey Brigade, an element of the main Continental Army.
  • Disbanded on January 1, 1781 at Morristown, New Jersey, and Baltimore, Maryland.

ENGAGEMENTS

  • Trenton - Princeton
  • Defense of Philadelphia
  • Philadelphia - Monmouth
  • Iroquois 1779
Site Map | Copyright © 2012 USwars.com,