Continental Artillery Regiment
(aka Harrison's Continental Artillery Regiment)
- Authorized on November 26, 1776 in the Continental Army as Harrison's Continental Artillery Regiment and assigned to the Southern Department.
- Organized in spring and summer 1777 at Williamsburg, Virginia to consist of 10 companies, including the Virginia State Artillery Company and the Virginia Continental Artillery Company .
- Relieved on March 13, 1778 from the Southern Department and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
- Redesignated on August 10, 1779 as the 1st Continental Artillery Regiment.
- Relieved on April 17, 1780 from the Main Continental Army
and assigned to the Southern Department.
- Reorganized on May 9, 1780 to consist of 12 companies, including the Maryland Contiental Artillery Companies.
- Reorganized on January 1, 1781 to consist of 10 companies.
- Furloughed in summer of 1783 at Winchester, Virginia and Baltimore, Maryland.
- Disbanded on November 15, 1783.
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit