2nd Continental Artillery Regiment

(aka Lamb's Continental Artillery Regiment)

  • Authorized on January 1, 1777 in the Continental Army as Lamb's Continental Artillery Regiment.
  • Organized in spring 1777 with elements in the Main Continental Army and Highland's Department to consist of 12 companies as follows:
    • 3 existing companies from New York, reorganized at Morristown, New Jersey and Peekskill, New York
    • 4 new companies from Fairfield and New Haven counties, Connecticut, organized at New Haven, Connecticut and Peekskill, New York
    • 3 new companies from Ulster, Orange, Dutchess, Westchester, New York and Albany Counties and New York City, New York, organized at Peekskll, New York
    • 2 new companies from Philadelphia City and County, Pennsylvania, organized at Morristown, New Jersey.
  • Assigned on June 12, 1777 (less 2 companies with the Main Army) to the Highland's Department.
  • Redesignated on August 10, 1779 as the 2nd Continental Artillery Regiment.
  • Reorganized on January 1, 1781 to consist of 10 companies.
  • Relieved on August 28, 1781 from the Highland's Department and assigned to the Main Army.
  • Relieved on August 24, 1782 from the Main Army and assigned to the Highland's Department.
  • Reorganized on June 11, 1783 to consist of 2 companies.
  • Disbanded on January 1, 1784 (less Capt. John Doughty'd Company remaining in the U.S. Army) at West Point, New York.

ENGAGEMENTS

Site Map | Copyright © 2012 USwars.com,