4th Continental Artillery Regiment
(aka Proctor's Continental Artillery Regiment)
- Authorized on October 16, 1775 in the Pennsylvania State Troops as the Pennsylvania State Artillery Company.
- Organized between October 17- November 27, 1775 at Philadelphia.
- Expanded on August 14, 1776 as the Pennsylvania State Artillery Battalion, to consist of 2 companies.
- Assigned on September 23, 1776 to the Main Continental Army.
- Expanded on February 6, 1776 as the Pennsylvania State Artillery Regiment, to consist of 8 companies from eastern Pennsylvania, and relieved from the Main Continental Army.
- Adopted on June 10, 1777 into the Continental Army as Proctor's Continental Artillery Regiment and assigned to the Middle Department.
- Relieved on July 14, 1777 from the Middle Department and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
- Redesignated on August 10, 1779 as the 4th Continental Artillery Regiment.
- Reorganized on January 1, 1781 to consist of 10 companies, including Capt. Issac Coren's Company, Artillery Artifcer Regiment, Capts. Andrew Porter's and Jonas Simond's Companies, 2nd Continental Artillery Regiment, and Captain Jerimiah Freeman's Continental Artillery Company.
- Relieved on February 20, 1781 from the Main Continental Army and assigned to the Southern Department.
- Reorganized 1 January 1, 1783 to consist of 4 companies.
- Relived on April 24, 1783 from the Southern Department and assigned to the Middle Department.
- Furloughed on June 11, 1783 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Disbanded on November 15, 1783.
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit