1st Continental Light Dragoon Regiment
(aka Bland's Horse)
- Authorized on June 8, 1776 in the Virginia State Troops as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Troops of Light Horse.
- Organized between June 13- 10 September 10, 1776 at Williamsburg with recruits from eastern and northern Virginia.
- Redesignated on June 25, 1776 as the Virginia Light Horse.
- Adopted on November 25, 1776 into the Continental Army, assigned to the Main Continental Army, and redesignated as the 1st Continental Light Dragoon Regiment.
- Capt. Henry Lee's Troop (later, the 2nd Partisan Corps) withdrawn on April 7, 1778 and a new Troop organized by Captain Addison Lewis.
- Relieved on November 8, 1778 from the Main Continental Army and assigned to the Southern
- Reorganized and redesignated on January 1, 1781 as the 1st Legionary Corps, to consist of four mounted
and two dismounted troops.
- Consolidated on November 2, 1782 with the 3rd Continental Light Dragoon Regiment and redesignated the 1st Legionary Corps, an element of the Southern Department, to consist of 5 troops.
- Disbanded on November 15, 1783 at Winchester, Virginia.
- Northern New Jersey
- Defense of Philadelphia
- Charleston 1780
- Defense of the Carolinas
- Greene's Campaign
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit