3rd Continental Light Dragoon Regiment
(aka Baylor's Horse)(aka Lady Washington's Horse)
- Authorized on January 1, 1777 in the Continental Army as the 3d Continental Light Dragoon Regiment and assigned to the Main Army
- Organized in spring 1777 at Morristown, New Jersey, to consist of three troops from Virginia, two troops from Maryland, and one troop recruited at large
- Relieved on November 5, 1778 from the Main Army and assigned to the Middle Department
- Relieved on May 7, 1779 from the Middle Department and assigned to the Southern Department.
- Reorganized and redesignated on January 1, 1781 as the 3rd Legionary Corps, to consist of four mounted and two dismounted troops.
- Consolidated on November 2, 1782 with the 1st Legionary Corps.
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit