4th Continental Light Dragoon Regiment
(aka Moylan's Horse)
- Authorized 5 January 1777 in the Continental Army as 4th Continental Light Dragoon Regiment and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
spring 1777 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Baltimore Maryland, to consist of 6 troops from Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland and New Jersey.
- Relieved on November 19, 1778 from the Main Continental Army and assigned to the Middle Department.
- Relieved on June 28, 1779 from the Middle Department and assigned to the Highland's
- Reorganized in early 1780 to consist of 4 mounted and 2 dismounted troops.
- Relieved on June 10, 1780 from the Highland's Department and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
- Relieved in December 1780 from the Main Continental Army and assigned to the Middle
- Redesignated on January 1, 1781 as the 4th Legionary Corps.
- Relieved in March 1781 from the Middle Department and assigned to the Southern Department.
- Reorganized on January 1, 1783 to consist of one mounted and one dismounted troop.
Furloughed on June 11, 1783 at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Disbanded on November 15, 1783
Capt. Craig's Troop additionally served in:
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit