Corps of North Carolina Light Dragoons

  • Authorized on April 1776 in the North Carolina State Troops as the Corps of North Carolina Light Dragoons.
  • Organized in spring and summer 1776 at Wilmington to consist of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd troops.
  • Adopted on July 31, 1776 into the Continental Army, assigned to the Southern Department.
  • Relieved on February 5, 1777 from the Southern Department and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
  • Relieved in fall 1777 from the Main Continental Army and assigned to the Middle Department.
  • 1st Troop relived on May 15, 1778 from the Middle Department and assigned to the Western Department.
  • Disbanded on January 1, 1779 as follows: 1st Troop at Fort Pitt, Pennsylvania; 2nd Troop, and 3rd Troop at Halifax, North Carolina.

ENGAGEMENTS

3rd Troop additionally served in:

Site Map | Copyright © 2012 USwars.com,