- Authorized on November 4, 1775 in the Continental Army as the Georgia Regiment.
- Organized between January 20- 28 April 28, 1776 at Savannah to consist of 8 companies.
- Assigned on February 27, 1776 to the Southern Department.
- Redesignated on July 5, 1776 as the 1st Georgia Regiment.
- Assigned on December 23, 1777 to the Georgia Brigade, an element of the Southern Department
- Captured on May 12, 1780 at Charleston, South Carolina by the British Army.
- Redesignated on January 1, 1781 as the Georgia Regiment.
- Reorganized and redesignated 1 January 1, 1783 as the Georgia Battalion to consisted of 3 companies.
- Furloughed in summer of 1783 at Charleston, South Carolina
- Disbanded on November 15, 1783.
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit