- Authorized on July 5, 1776 in the Continental Army as the 2nd Georgia Regiment and assigned to the Southern Department.
- Organized in fall and winter of 1776 at Williamsburg, Virginia to consisted of 8 companies, recruited primarily in Virginia.
- Assigned on December 3, 1777 to the Georgia Brigade, an element of the Southern Department.
- Captured on May 12, 1780 at Charleston, South Carolina by the British Army.
- Disbanded on January 1, 1781.
if you can add or correct any information, or submit a link to this unit