Georgia Regiment of Horse Rangers

  • Authorized in January 1776 in the Georgia State Troops as the 1st and 2nd Troops of Georgia Horse.
  • Organized in spring 1776 at Savannah.
  • Expanded in June 1776 to consist of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Troops of Georgia Horse.
  • Adopted on July 24, 1776 into the Continental Army; concurrently redesignated as the Georgia Regiment of Horse Rangers, assigned to the Southern Department and expanded to consist of 10 troops.
  • Reorganized on January 1, 1777 to consist of 12 troops.
  • Captured on May 12, 1780 at Charleston, South Carolina by the British Army.
  • Disbanded on January 1, 1781.

ENGAGEMENTS

Site Map | Copyright © 2012 USwars.com,