- Authorized on April 23, 1775 in the Massachusetts State Troops as Danielson's Regiment.
- Organized in spring 1775 at Roxbury to consist of 11 companies from southern Hampshire County, Bristol and Worcester Counties, Massachusetts; and New London and Hartford Counties, Connecticut.
- Adopted on June 14, 1775 into the Continental Army and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
- Assigned on July 22, 1775 to Thomas' Brigade, an element of the Main Continental Army.
- Consolidated (less Thompson's, and Egery's Companies) on January 1, 1776 with Learned's Regiment and consolidated unit redesignated as the 3rd Continental Regiment; concurrently, Thompson's Company reOrganized and redesignated as Thompson's Company,
4th Continental Regiment, and Egery's Company reOrganized and redesignated as Egery's Company, 25th Continental Regiment.