The 1st New York Regiment (1775-1776)
- Authorized 25 May 1775 in the Continental Army as the 1st New York Regiment and assigned to the New York (subsequently the Northern) Department.
- Organized 28 June - 4 August 1775 to consist of 10 companies from City and County of New York.
- Reorganized 24 February - 21 May 1776, to consist of 8 companies.
- Assigned 24 April 1776 to Stirling's Brigade, an element of the Main Army.
- Relieved 12 August 1776 from Stirling's Brigade and assigned to McDougall's Brigade, an element of the Main Army.
- Relieved 11 December 1776 from McDougall's Brigade and assigned to Sargent's Brigade,, an element of the Main Army.
- Disbanded 26 January 1777 at Morristown, New Jersey.