The Pennsylvania State Musketry Battalion
- Authorized on March 6, 1776 in the Pennsylvania State Troops as the Pennsylvania State Musketry Battalion.
- Organized between March 13- May 29, 1776 at Chester to consist of 8 cmpanies from Philadelphia City and Bucks, Philadelphia, Chester and Lancaster Counties.
- Assigned on July 4, 1776 to the Main Continental Army.
- Assigned on August 12, 1776 to Stirling's Brigade, an element of the Main Continental Army.
- Relieved on August 31, 1776 from Stirling's Brigade and assigned to Mifflin's Brigade, an element of the Main Continental Army.
- Relieved in January 1777 from Stirling's Brigade.
- Consolidated on April 30, 1777 with the Pennsylvania State Rifle Regiment.