The Lippitt's Rhode Island Regiment
- Authorized on January 8, 1776 in the Rhode Island State Troops as Babcock's Regiment.
- Organized on January 18, 1776 at Newport to consist of 12 companies.
- Redesignated on May 1, 1776 as Lippitt's Regiment.
- Adopted on May 11, 1776 into the Continental Army and assigned to the Eastern Department.
- Relieved on September 14, 1776 from the Eastern Department and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
- Assigned on October 14, 1776 to McDougall's Brigade, an element of the Main Continental Army.
- Relieved on November 10, 1776 from McDougall's Brigade and assigned to Nixions Brigade, an element of the Main Continental Army
- Nixion's Brigade redesignated 22 December 22, 1776 as Hitchcock's Brigade, an element of the Main Continental Army.
- Disbanded on January 18, 1777 at Morristown, New Jersey.