Beaufort Independent Company of Artillery

  • Authorized on February 22, 1776 in the South Carolina State Troops as the Beaufort Independent Company of Artillery.
  • Organized in spring 1776 at Fort Lyttleton with personnel from St. Helena and Prince William Parishes.
  • Redesignated on October 18, 1776 as the 4th Company, 4th South Carolina Regiment, and adopted into the Continental Army.


  • NONE
Site Map | Copyright © 2012,