The Virginia Independent Rifle Company

  • Authorized on January 8, 1777 in the Continental Army as 2 independent Virginia Companies to garrison Fort Pitt and Fort Randolph, Pennsylvania.
  • Organized between February 12- April 4, 1777 in Yohogania and Botetourt Counties., respectively.
  • Assigned on April 9, 1777 to the Western Department.
  • Consolidated on November 21, 1779 and redesignated as Heth's Independent Company.
  • Disbanded on January 1, 1781 at Fort Pitt.

ENGAGEMENTS

  • Delaware 1778
  • Delaware 1779
Site Map | Copyright © 2012 USwars.com,