Morgan's Virginia Independent Rifle Company
- Authorized on June 14, 1775 in the Continental Army as the Virginia Independent Rifle Company and assigned to the Main Continental Army.
- Organized on June 22, 1775 at Winchester, Captain Daniel Morgan commanding.
- Relieved on September 8, 1775 from the Main Continental Army and assigned to the Northern Department.
- Captured on December 31, 1775 by the British Army at Quebec, Canada.
- Reorganized on February 3, 1777 at Winchester, Captain Charles Porterfield commanding and consolidated with the 11th Virginia Regiment.